Sunday, February 21, 2010

Clash of the titans

4 months after my first visit to Rafal in Warsaw we played at his place again. Last time I won 10:6.
This time Rafal got his revenge. Having won the C Division at the UK Open earlier this year Rafal was on fire and beat me by 8 games to 6.
After 14 games Rafal scored 5516 points (average: 394 pts per game). I scored only 4 points less - 5512 - and that made my defeat sweeter.
My highlight play came in game 5. Facing DEEIIS? on the rack and a pretty blocked board I went for my first 10-letter bingo ever: DEbI(LIT)IES for 62 points. Beware, Nigel, I'm coming ;)

I also played 3 games with Wojtek who joined us in the evening. I won 2 of them. In the first game Wojtek exposed his great skill once again by playing FLAILED directly under 5 letters of my bingo PTERINS:
_ _ P T E R I N S
F L A I  L E D

My bingos from all 17 games:
LOONIEs, BEFlEA(E)D, T(A)NGELOS, IN(S)ERTER, sEEDERs, PTERINS, SHEITAN, pOINTER, MINSTER, SPURNED, AERIEST, DEbI(LIT)IES, NOT(E)LETS, SLAYINg, REGUL(A)TE, SWOLLEN, R(E)LiVING, EnGORES, S(A)LARIES, REt(I)MING, WIDENE(R)S, (W)ROOTING, BLOATEr, TERRITS, ArSENAt(E), DIETIST(S), HOVeRED, NUTRIAS, NAMASTE  

1,70 bingos per game - just about my average.

And here are some nice bingos I missed / didn't know:

CLEMENT, FATBIRD, MURRINE, OFLACTS, TRIPART, WAIFING, MUSHIER (HEURISM), KLUDGEY


Altogether I'm happy with my performance. It's also great to see Rafal's game improve all the time. This means I have to up my level to stay in contention :)

No comments: