Sunday, December 4, 2011

Causeway Challenge - farewell to Scrabble (day 5)
















I went into day 5 with the same positive mindset which brought me so much success yesterday. And the magics still worked plus it was aided by good fortune seeing me getting almost 60% of the blanks and 70% of the Ss (which is by the way almost the reversed stats of the dreadful day 3, where I got 40% of the blanks and 30% of the Ss).
So the fortune has been fair to me after all.
In the end I got 50% of blanks in the whole tournament and 44% of the Ss.
I won 4 games today and lost 2. The two games I lost were by 1 and by 30 points...

My highlights today:

PR(OF)ITErS
where I thought I had won the game on the last move but was quickly brought down to earth by my oponent who advised me that there was still one letter left in the bag ;)

(JAR)OVIZED  
not a bingo but I was still very happy to play that off the rack DEIOSVZ leaving an S and scoring 40+ points.


tEASPOO(N
simply a nice word to play :)

After the tournament there was the presentation of the prizes.
Premier division has been won by Pakorn Nemitrmansuk to the great joy of all players who probably wished him this win to make up for his missed WSC final in Warsaw.

After the presentation I got a nice white Causeway 2011 T-shirt and then hurried to the taxi. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do any more shopping in Johor Bahru as I had been hoping to and was left with 66 Malaysian ringgit which I exchanged for 26 Singapore dollars at the airport. Just a little less then 4 hours until a take from Singapore. I'll be flying an LH779 Lufthansa Airbus A380 to Frankfurt, then by plane to Poznan and from there directly to Lodz by bus.


This journey concludes a magnificent Scrabble year for me, in which I have played a total of 5 tournaments (1st German Open, Peterborough All'Nighter, Cock of the Northt in Coventry, WSC 2011 in Poland and Causeway Scrabble Challenge in Malaysia).
It has been a Scrabble year for me which which was sparked by the decision to hold this year's WSC in Poland.
I'm very happy to end the year on a high note by celebrating my 17th place in Masters division of the last ever Causeway tournament.

This concludes my Scrabble journey.

It's been 4 unforgettable years and I'm happy to say that the last tournament made me a complete player.

Without further word knowledge, I will not go any further...
And if I have no time to acquire this knowledge, I will not go any further...
I don't have time to acquire word knowledge...
...

The STATS for CC day 5:

Games won: 4
Games lost: 2
Spread: +308

Average for: 417.3
Average against: 366.0

Blanks: 7/12 = 58%
S's: 16/24 = 67%

Games won:
2 blanks: 2/2 (100%)
1 blank: 1/3 (33%)
0 blanks: 1/1 (100%)

Bingos for: 12 (2.0 per game)
Bingos against: 9 (1.5 per game)

7 letter bingos: 6 (50%)
8 letter bingos: 6 (50%)

Bingos with blanks: 6 (50%)
Bingos without blanks: 6 (50%)

Highest no of bingos in a game: 4
Lowest no of bingos in a game: 1

High game: 487
Low game: 378

Highest combined score: 842

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job, my dear son!
Iam very proud of you :-)