Friday, January 29, 2021

2012 going on 2021

So... after an almost 8-year long break from Scrabble here I go again :)

At the beginning of January I 've rejoined isc.ro under a new nickname literaxx.




I now get my kicks from playing blitz scrabble with only 2 minutes on the clock. It may seem crazy but is actually quite fun to play.

I have downloaded NASPA Zyzzyva and was surprised to learn that I have missed two CSW updates (2015 and 2019).

Strangely enough after such a long break I haven't forgotten many of the words. They just need refreshing.

So I'm back on my learning mode starting with 7-letter words with 1 anagram only. I already have 2600 of them in my Zyzzyva cardbox.







I have also been able to connect to the Zyzzyva database (cardbox and dictionary) via Excel so I now have a great tool for filtering the words which is even more convenient than Zyzzyva itself.

I'll post an instruction on this later.

No comments: