Tuesday, February 10, 2009

zyzzyva hacked

Yesterday I managed to get access to the database files Zyzzyva saves the cardbox questions in!

This is great news for me, because from now on I can:
  • count the alphagrams and the anagrams in each one and all of the cardboxes (or even split them by word length)
  • generate a list of alphagrams i had most or least problems with guessing
  • generate a precise list of the alphagrams that will appear in my next cardbox quizzes
  • manually change the cardbox the alphagram is in or set the date I want this word to appear in the quiz next time
  • calculate the overall success rate for all the words (or only words with specified length)
  • see how many questions were asked
  • generate many other statistics I'm yet not even aware of

So now for some of my cardbox stats (as of February, 11th):

  • in my cardboxes there are only 7 and 8 letter words
  • there are 4427 alphagrams (72% of them are 7s)
  • there are 7088 anagrams
  • I have been asked 48353 questions and I answered 80% of them correctly.
  • each alphagram was asked on average almost 11 times
  • 22 % of all the alphagrams are in cardbox 6
  • another 20 % are in cardbox 8

Now I've got to get back to studying, otherwise the statistics won't change much... ;)

------------

On the method I used to hack zyzzyva database:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/zyzzyva-users/message/821

No comments: