Monday, June 29, 2009

The Championship - day 2


Game 8
second time against Michal. My opponent started vigorously with INTREAT for 64. One move later I replied with DIA(R)IsT for 68 followed by FATTING for 75 on move 8. On move 12 Michal bingoed with a nice 9-letter word INCR(EA)SED for 78 which I countered immediately with LANTERN for 77. XENIA for 36 made my 3rd 500+ game perfect.
W: 519-372

Game 9
third time against Mariusz. DINGOES for 78 and DEVoTI(N)G for 63 meant that after move 3 I was ahead by 130 points. The strength of Mariusz's BRAINED for 82 was reducted by my ZOA for 53 and A(B)LY for 39. In the end I played SOUtANE for 66. Mariusz played out with (R)EALISER for 77 and got extra 18 points from my rack, but still lost the game by over 100 points. W: 505-398


Game 10
second time against Rafal. My opponent started confidently with SQUIB for 38 and was never really in danger of losing this game. Well actually he was - but only once. It was after he played O(Z)EKI for 40 opening a tripple-tripple line with me holding DEIOST?. I played a modest DIOr(I)TES for 77. As it turned out after the game I had a chance to play ODd(I)TIES for 131. Odd enough :) On move 10 I bingoed with OTARINE for 61 leaving a double-double line wide open. Rafal used it 1 move later by playing HERNIAS for 96. One move earlier he played SOARING for 69. This game witnessed two succesful challenges. Rafal challenged off my *P(E)NITARY and I challeneged off his *INGAROS.
L: 386-476


Game 11
second time against Wojtek. It was a very nice and close game. I bingoed on move 4 with ITERATE for 66 countered immediately with *WEZ(I)R for 63. I hadn't realized then it was a phoney. Actually only WAZIR and VEZIR are correct. Right after that I played FIREL(E)SS for 74. Wojtek challanged it and I was relieved to see Zyzzyva show a green screen :) On next move Wojtek played IMBIbED which I challenged but it stayed on the board. 4 moves later Wojtek bingoed again with OREGAnO for 61. But it was my last bingo PEDALER for 89 which did the trick.
W: 457-406


Game 12
third time against Rafal. Strange game - looking at the score sheet I can't really understand how I won it. My only bingo was ENTHRAL for 98. Rafal bingoed twice with ANOMIES for 70 and CREOLES for 77. I had some nice short words which probably decided the outcome of the game. EN(V)Y for 42, JaI for 51, WHIPT for 36, COAXiAL for 38. A comfortable win for me.
W: 489-380

No comments: