Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fight in Walcz

Last weekend I attended my first full Polish Scrabble tournament since Szczecin in March 2008. It took place in Walcz (www.walcz.pl)- a town 120 km NW from Poznan. Although it is quite small it still can boast two lakes direct in the city centre.
The Scrabble tournament was magnificent - great hospitality, highest ever prize money in a Polish scrabble tournament - almost 500 EUR for the winner and prizes for each attendant.
I was 82nd and yet got a book worth about 8 EUR.
It was my second best tournament ever. I won 6 out of 13 games. The highlight was my win against Mariusz Skrobosz - the current ranking list leader. I won by 4 points! My ranking at that time was 100, Mariusz's was 149...
After that tournament my ranking is 103.50 and officially I'm now no 271 in Poland :)

No comments: