Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the goal revised

It looks like my primary goal is almost achieved - I have signed up to represent Poland at this year's WSC in Malaysia.

The only thing to do now is to get on the plane.

Too simple?
That's what I thought and I set up new goals:

minimum: to equal Wojtek's 1999 performance at the WSC in Melbourne by winning 10 games

optimum: to win 11 games and become the best ever Polish player in a WSC

maximum: to win 12 games with a decent spread to be placed in the top half and to guarantee my country two places in the next WSC

---------------------------------------------
History of Polish participation at the WSC:
1999 Melbourne Wojtek Usakiewicz placed 84/98 with a 10-14 record and a spread of -876
2001 Las Vegas Mateusz Zbikowski has qualified but didn't participate
2003 Kuala Lumpur Wojtek Usakiewicz has qualified but didn't participate
2005 London Mateusz Zbikowski placed 96/102 with a 9-15 record and a spread of -1652
2007 Mumbai Wojtek Usakiewicz placed 98/104 with a 8-16 record and a spread of -844
2009 Johor Bahru Bartosz Pieta...
---------------------------------------------

History is waiting to be written - I just gotta sit down and learn those words... ;)

2 comments:

Adrian said...

I'm sure you will achieve your goal, mate. With a bit of luck you can even get a second spot for Poland. At this level luck can make a difference:) Good luck with the study and see you soon!
PS: I have no idea how I inspired you but I'm flattered to see my name next to Helen and Joel's names.
Cheers
Adrian the Romanian

Bartek said...

thanks, Adrian! I shall do my best to catch up with you. the answer to your wondering about you being an inspiration to me is in one of my first posts named “an interview“ :-) ¶see you in 83 days...