Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scrabble can be fun!

Yes, that's true! If you play it in your native language in the club with no need to prove anything to anyone - especially yourself. If you don't care about winning or losing, about the ratings, spreads, high scores, numbers of bingos etc. You play Scrabble for fun and that's what all games should be about.

I've just come back from the Scrabble club. I have played my first ever club tournament and I feel great! I placed 2nd out of 10.

Game 1 Andrzej
W: 382-287
2 bingos: STYLOWA and WAB(I)oNYM


Game 2 Kuba
L: 321-400
1 bingo: GrUNCIE


Game 3 Grazyna
W: 427-264
3 bingos: UB(R)ANIEM, W(Y)PNIESZ, ŚWIETNI


Game 4 Radek
W: 376-274
2 bingos: UTRACIE, NAGI(Ę)TEj

Game 5 Grzegorz
W: 382-285
2 bingos: BONANZO, RYCZA(Ł)Em

Spread +378
for 378 - against 302
2 bingos per game


I actually made some use of my English Scrabble vocabulary by playing ATONIO and BONANZO.


NB:
I was willing to go to the Rammstein concert in Lodz today but I decided to save money this month and passed on it. As it turned out on the day of the concert I went to the Scrabble club. The building was exactly opposite the Atlas Arena where Rammstein was giving its concert today. When I came there I found it impossible to park my car and I almost gave up but somehow found a parking space. Later when I got out of the club I could here the distant sound of "Engel"...

No comments: