Wednesday, July 27, 2011

PBO - report

Veni vidi vici - well at least once in Division B :)
I played a great 1st round in the Saturday afternoon, a horrible 2nd round during the night and a mediocre 3rd round in the Sunday morning/afternoon.
All in all I really enjoyed the tournament and am willing to come back next year. (providing it doesn't collide with football Euro 2012 dates)
It's been my first tournament played on English ground and Peterborough is  now the place where I won my first (performance) prizemoney abroad.
I'll be coming back to England in October just 5 days before the start of the WSC 2011 in Warsaw. I'll be playing in the Cock of the North tournament in Coventry.

Here are some random facts / thoughts / lessons from the journey to England:
1. Planes of low cost carriers aren't as uncomfortable as I've heard before
2. Polish products in English shops made me feel ambiguous
3. Peterborough has Broadway and Central Park
4. Still haven't figured out if the Brits walk on the left or on the right.
5. I need to learn more words - otherwise I don't stand any chance of avoiding another top 110 standing in the WSC.

No comments: